Friday 12 June 2009

Blaxploitation Part 2

... I'm still getting used to 'blogging' - I thought I'd be able to edit my posts once they'd been published - wiki-like. I guess not. So my apologies for the addendum to Blaxploitation Films, and here are some more references:

Books which cite Blaxploitation Films (2001):

  • Stephane Dunn (2008) "Baad bitches" and Sassy Supermamas: Black Power Action Films. University of Illinois Press
  • Josiah Howard (2008) Blaxploitation Cinema: The Essential Reference Guide. FAB Press
  • Andrea Seier (2007) Remediatisierung: Die performative Konstitution von Gender und Medien. LIT Verlag
  • Elizabeth Young (2008) Black Frankenstein: The Making of an American Metaphor. NYU Press. (Thanks to udigrudi for pointing this last one out to me)
Personally, I really want to check out both Dunn and Young's books - they look amazing.

And, although I meant to do this in my last post, a quick pre-release push on the completely revised (and therefore hopefully less crap) 2nd edition of Blaxploitation Films, coming out in November 2009


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaxploitation-Films-Mikel-J-Koven/dp/1842433342/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244797707&sr=1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment